YouTube TV has become a popular streaming service for its robust channel offerings and unlimited DVR storage. But what if you need to sign out of your YouTube TV account while away from the device you’re using it on? Is there a way to log out of YouTube TV remotely?
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know about logging out of the YouTube TV app and website from anywhere, using just your phone or computer.
Overview of Logging Out of YouTube TV
YouTube TV is a streaming television service that provides live TV and on-demand content over the internet. It offers popular cable channels like ESPN, AMC, HGTV, and many more.
To use YouTube TV, you sign up for an account which you log into on devices like smart TVs, media streaming players, smartphones, and computers.
By default, once you log into YouTube TV on a device, you will remain logged in on that device indefinitely unless you explicitly log out.
So how do you log out if you are away from the device or want to sign out on all devices simultaneously?
There are a few methods available, covered in detail below, that allow you to log out of YouTube TV remotely through the website or mobile app.
Why Log Out of YouTube TV Remotely?
Here are some of the main reasons you may want to log out of YouTube TV when you aren’t physically using a particular device:
- Signing out on shared devices – If accessing YouTube TV at a friend’s house or hotel, you’ll want to log out remotely after to prevent continued access.
- Manage concurrent streams – Logging out removes that device from your allowed concurrent streams count.
- Remove saved watch history – Logging out can help clear your YouTube TV watch history and recommendations.
- Extra security – Signing out remotely provides added security and prevents unauthorized access if a device is lost or stolen.
- Switch accounts – Logging out lets you easily switch which Google account you are using YouTube TV with.
Having the option to log out remotely gives you greater control, security, and flexibility with managing your YouTube TV account.
Logging Out on the YouTube TV Website
The YouTube TV website provides an easy way to remotely sign out of your account on any device that is currently logged in.
Here are the steps:
- Go to tv.youtube.com in your web browser.
- In the top right, click on your profile picture.
- Select “Sign out of all devices” from the drop down menu.
- On the confirmation pop-up, click “Sign out”.
This will immediately log your account out of all devices that are currently accessing YouTube TV.
The next time someone tries opening the YouTube TV app on your smart TV, Roku, etc it will prompt them to log in again.
The website logout works as a remote logout tool for any actively logged in devices.
Using the YouTube TV Mobile App to Log Out
Another way to log out of YouTube TV remotely is directly from the YouTube TV mobile app.
Here is how to log out on both iOS and Android devices:
On an iPhone or iPad:
- Open the YouTube TV app and tap on your profile icon in the top right.
- Select “Sign out” from the Account screen.
- Tap “Sign out” again on the confirmation prompt.
On an Android device:
- Open the app and tap your profile picture.
- Tap “Manage account”.
- Select “Sign out” on the next screen.
- Confirm by selecting “Sign out” again.
This mobile app logout option provides an easy way to log out remotely when you’re away from the devices actually using YouTube TV.
Logging Out via Google Account Settings
Since YouTube TV uses your Google account for authentication, another way to log out of YouTube TV on all devices is via your broader Google Account settings.
Here is how to use Google Account settings to sign out of YouTube TV:
- On your computer or phone, visit myaccount.google.com and log into your account.
- On the left sidebar, select “Security”.
- Under “Devices you’ve used your account on”, click “Manage devices”.
- Find the entries for any devices using YouTube TV and select “Sign out”.
- Save your changes at the bottom to confirm logging out.
While not YouTube TV-specific, this will also log you out of any Google services like Gmail, Drive, etc on the selected devices.
So it works as a more heavy-handed remote logout option when needed.
Additional Ways to Log Out of YouTube TV
Beyond the main methods outlined above, there are a couple other ways you can log out of YouTube TV remotely:
- Using Find My Device – Google’s Find My Device service allows you to remotely sign out of Google accounts on lost Android devices. So if you have an Android phone or tablet with YouTube TV installed, you can use Find My Device to log out if lost or stolen.
- Change account password – Changing your Google account password will force any logged in devices to re-authenticate. So you can leverage this as a way to remotely log out all devices if really needed.
- Removing devices – Under Google Account settings, you can permanently remove specific devices from your account which will log them out.
So in summary, you have a few different options to log out of YouTube TV remotely, whether through the app itself or your broader Google account management settings.
Implications of Logging Out of YouTube TV
While having the ability to log out of YouTube TV on all devices remotely is useful, there are some implications to be aware of when doing so:
- Any one-time recordings or scheduled recordings will be cancelled or stopped.
- You will have to set up your programming preferences like favorite channels again upon logging back in.
- Watch history and recommendations will be cleared out.
- You’ll be prompted to re-link any TV provider credentials needed for your subscription upon logging back in.
- Any other Google services like Gmail will also be logged out if using the Google Account management settings.
So just keep these effects in mind as you use the remote logout features. In most cases clearing your YouTube TV watch history and data can be beneficial, but it may require some reconfiguration next time you log in.
FAQs About Logging Out of YouTube TV Remotely
Here are answers to some common questions users have about logging out of the YouTube TV service remotely:
How do I log out of YouTube TV on all my devices?
You can log out of YouTube TV on all devices by going to tv.youtube.com in your browser, clicking your profile picture, and selecting “Sign out of all devices”.
Does YouTube TV log you out automatically?
No, YouTube TV does not automatically log you out. You have to manually log out using one of the methods described in this article.
What happens if I log out of YouTube TV on a smart TV?
Logging out of YouTube TV on a smart TV will require anyone wanting to use YouTube TV on that TV to log in again with a Google account.
Can I log out of YouTube TV on Roku?
Yes, logging out remotely via the YouTube TV website or mobile app will also log that Roku device out of your YouTube TV account.
If I factory reset my phone, does it log out of YouTube TV?
Yes, a phone factory reset will log you out of YouTube TV by removing your saved Google account login and data from the device.
The ability to log out of YouTube TV on all devices remotely is handy for security, managing streams, and switching accounts.
Hopefully this article has illustrated the main methods available to log out via the website, mobile app, and Google account settings.
Just keep in mind any recordings or preferences will need to be reset next time you log back in after a remote logout. But usually the benefits outweigh this minor inconvenience.
Don’t forget to log back into your YouTube TV account on your allowed home devices once you are back and ready to start streaming again.
Enjoy the flexibility of easily logging in and out of YouTube TV anytime, anywhere! Let us know if you have any other tips for managing YouTube TV logins and logouts.
If you found this guide helpful, please consider sharing it on social media so others can benefit from the remote YouTube TV logout tips as well. Leaving a comment below also helps us create more useful content in the future.
Thanks for reading!Sharing Is Caring: