Fortnite lets you stay logged into your Epic Games account by default for convenience. But if you play on shared or public devices, logging out fully is important. So how long does it actually take to log out of Fortnite?
In this guide, we’ll cover the steps to log out of Fortnite on all platforms and how long the process takes. We’ll also provide some account security tips. By the end, you’ll understand exactly how much time you need to disconnect from Fortnite properly.
Logging Out on Game Consoles
On PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch or other consoles, logging out of Fortnite takes just a few seconds:
- From the Fortnite lobby or in-game menu, select Settings.
- Choose the Account tab.
- Select Log Out.
- Confirm on the popup message.
This immediately disconnects your gaming platform account profile from Fortnite in seconds. It’s the quickest way to log out of Fortnite.
Logging Out on PC
To log out of the Epic Games Launcher on PC:
- Click your profile icon.
- Select Log Out.
This signs you out of the Launcher instantly. But additional steps are needed to fully log out of Fortnite itself:
- Completely close out of the Fortnite app.
- Restart the Epic Games Launcher and sign back in.
- You’ll now be logged out of Fortnite after this quick process.
Logging Out on Mobile
To log out of Fortnite on your iPhone, iPad or Android device:
- Open Fortnite and go to Settings.
- Tap the Account tab.
- Choose Log Out.
- Confirm on the popup.
This disconnects you in just seconds. You’ll have to sign in again next time you launch mobile Fortnite.
Logging Out Online
You can also remotely log out of Fortnite on all devices through your Epic Games account online:
- Go to epicgames.com and login.
- Click your profile picture > Account.
- Under Connections, click Disconnect next to Fortnite.
- Confirm disconnection on the popup.
This signs you out instantly on any platform or device actively connected to that account.
Why Logging Out is Important
Correctly logging out of Fortnite ensures:
- No one else can access your account on a shared device.
- Stats and progression are tracked per player profile.
- Purchases and V-Bucks are protected.
- Account security in case a device is compromised.
Enabling Two-Factor Authentication
For extra security, enable two-factor authentication (2FA) on your Epic Games account. This requires you to enter a security code from your mobile device when logging in.
Activate 2FA under Account Settings > Password & Security.
Risks of Staying Logged In
Potential risks of leaving yourself logged into Fortnite include:
- Access to your account if your device is lost, stolen or unsupervised.
- Abuse reports or cheating bans if others misuse your profile.
- Unauthorized in-game purchases charged to your payment method.
- Greater exposure if your account credentials are part of a security breach.
Logging out of Fortnite takes just seconds on all major platforms. Just access the account settings or profile menu and confirm disconnecting your account. Log out properly whenever you finish playing on public computers or shared gaming devices. Combine this with security precautions like 2FA for complete account protection.Sharing Is Caring: