Amazon allows you to save your account login details for convenience across sessions. However, logging out properly is crucial for security, especially when using public or shared devices.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll provide the steps to fully log out and disconnect your Amazon account across their website, app, and various devices.
We’ll also cover account safety best practices. By the end, you’ll be an expert at logging out from Amazon.
Understanding Amazon Persistent Login
When you first create an Amazon account, you enter your email and password. This logs you into Amazon and allows access to:
- Your orders and purchase history
- Saved shipping/payment options
- Recommendations based on your activity
- Digital content like Kindle books and Prime Video
- Lists, reviews, wishlists and registries
- Whole Foods discounts and rewards
Amazon permits you to remain logged in by default for convenience. However, this means signing out manually when required for privacy or security.
How to Log Out of Amazon Website
To log out of Amazon on a desktop web browser:
- Hover over “Accounts & Lists” and click “Sign Out”
- Close all open Amazon tabs and windows
This will disconnect your account from that browser. Just re-enter your email and password to log back in later.
How to Log Out of Amazon App
If using the Amazon shopping app on your iPhone, iPad or Android:
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper left
- Tap “Settings”
- Choose “Sign Out” and confirm
You’ll now be logged out of the mobile app. Simply login again next time you need to access your Amazon account.
How to Log Out of Other Amazon Devices
See the steps above to also log out of Amazon Echo, Kindle, Fire tablet, and other devices linked to your account for full security.
Tips for Securing Your Amazon Account
Some best practices include:
- Enabling two-factor authentication under Login & Security settings
- Frequently changing your password
- Being cautious of phishing emails attempting to get your login details
- Checking orders frequently for any unauthorized purchases
Risks of Remaining Logged Into Amazon
Potential risks of staying perpetually logged into Amazon include:
- Strangers accessing your account and ordering items with your saved payment methods
- Changing account passwords or settings while logged in
- Viewing your order history, lists, and personal info
- Linking new devices like Kindles or Echos to your account
Logging out of Amazon ensures no unauthorized access whether you’re on a public computer or finished using a shared device at home. Sign out across all platforms for complete account disconnection. Combined with security best practices, this keeps your Amazon account and data safe from misuse.Sharing Is Caring: