DoorDash makes getting meals delivered to your door incredibly convenient. But when you’re finished using the app, it’s important to properly log out of your DoorDash account. Logging out safeguards your account and prevents unauthorized access.
This comprehensive guide will walk through the simple steps for logging out of DoorDash on both mobile and web. We’ll also look at account security best practices to implement after logging out.
Why You Should Log Out of DoorDash
Here are some key reasons why properly logging out of DoorDash after each session is recommended:
- Prevents unauthorized orders if someone else accesses your phone or computer
- Stops others from seeing your address, payment methods, order history if using the same device
- Logs you out of DoorDash Drive if you also make deliveries
- Ends DashPass free delivery subscription access when not using it
- Best practice to always log out of apps and websites when finished
By logging out each time, you ensure no one can access your account or make purchases without your knowledge. It takes just seconds!
How to Log Out on iPhone and Android
The DoorDash app makes logging out easy on iOS and Android devices:
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom right.
- Scroll down and tap “Log out”.
- Confirm by tapping “Log out” again on the popup.
- Close the DoorDash app fully.
- Tap the 3 lines “hamburger menu” icon.
- Tap your profile name at the very top of the menu.
- Tap “Log out”.
- Tap “Log out” again to confirm.
- Force close the DoorDash app.
Logging out on mobile secures your account when you’re done ordering. Don’t forget to close the app fully afterward!
Logging Out on iPad and Tablets
Follow the same instructions to log out on an iPad or Android tablet:
- Tap the profile icon or hamburger menu icon.
- Tap your account name at the top of the menu that appears.
- Tap the “Log out” option.
- Confirm by tapping “Log out” again on the popup.
- Fully close the DoorDash app once logged out.
Never remain logged into DoorDash on a shared or public tablet. Logging out prevents unauthorized access and orders.
Logging Out on the DoorDash Website
When ordering on www.doordash.com, here’s how to log out:
- Click your profile icon on the top right.
- Click “Log out”.
- Close all DoorDash browser tabs and windows.
If you don’t see an obvious “Log out” option:
- Navigate back to www.doordash.com to return to the homepage.
- This will end the web session and log you out.
- Close the browser fully afterward.
Don’t forget to log out if accessing DoorDash from a shared public computer too!
DoorDash Drive Log Out Instructions
For DoorDash Drive users completing deliveries:
- Tap the profile icon on the Dasher app
- Tap “End dash” to stop receiving orders
- Fully log out of the Dasher app afterward
This will log you out of DoorDash Drive. Never stay logged in between delivery shifts.
Enabling Face/Touch ID for Added Security
For extra account protection:
- Enable Face ID or Touch ID on iOS
- Set up fingerprint unlock on supported Android devices
This adds biometric authentication to open the DoorDash app after logging out.
Face/Touch ID prevents others from accessing your account on a lost or stolen device even if your password is compromised.
Just be sure to also log out fully before enabling it.
Changing Your DoorDash Password Frequently
In addition to logging out, periodically change your DoorDash account password:
- Don’t reuse old passwords
- Make your new password long, complex, and hard to guess
- Consider using a password manager so you don’t have to manually enter passwords
- Change your password every couple months
Changing passwords regularly secures your account in case your current password gets accidentally exposed somehow. This prevents unauthorized logins.
What Happens if You Remain Logged In?
Here are some risks of leaving your DoorDash account logged in all the time:
- Someone could order food and drinks on your account without your knowledge
- Your saved addresses, payment methods, and order history may be visible
- Continued access to free delivery with DashPass when you aren’t ordering
- Account details and saved preferences could be changed or edited
- Higher risk of account theft and fraudulent orders
Always logging out prevents unwanted activity and orders. So get in the routine of signing out!
FAQs About Logging Out of DoorDash
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
Does closing the app or window log me out automatically?
No! You need to fully log out before closing the app or browser window.
When should I reset my DoorDash password?
It’s best practice to change your DoorDash password about every 60-90 days for optimal security.
Can I log out without completely closing the app?
On mobile, yes. On web, closing all browser windows/tabs is recommended after logging out.
Does using Face ID replace logging out?
No, enable Face ID after logging out for added security. But still fully log out each time.
What if I can’t find the log out button?
Try tapping your profile icon or navigating back to www.doordash.com if the log out option isn’t clear.
What if someone has my password? Should I log out?
Yes, immediately log out then change your password. Enable 2-factor authentication for extra security as well.
Logging out of DoorDash only takes a moment but provides critical account protection when you are not actively using it. Make signing out a habit anytime you finish an order!Sharing Is Caring: