Rocket League allows players to create an account to maintain all of their inventory, competitive rankings, friends lists, and other progress across platforms. However, properly logging out of your Rocket League account is crucial for privacy and security if playing on a shared or public device.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explain how to fully disconnect your Rocket League profile across console, PC, and mobile.
We’ll cover logging out on PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, Steam, and the iOS/Android apps.
By the end, you’ll understand the proper logout process to secure your Rocket League account on any device or platform.
Understanding Rocket League Account Login
When you first launch Rocket League, you’ll create or log into your platform-specific account such as your PlayStation Network ID or Xbox Gamertag. This links your platform account to a Rocket League profile that stores:
- Your inventory of items, customizations, rocket pass progress, and any purchases
- Competitive rankings, match history, and stats
- Friends lists and platform party connections
- Game settings and keybindings
Once connected, Rocket League keeps you logged into your account profile across gaming sessions for convenience. However, this means you need to actively log out when finishing playing on shared or public gaming devices.
Logging Out on PlayStation 4 or 5
To log out of Rocket League on your PlayStation:
- From the Rocket League main menu or pause screen, go to Settings
- Navigate to the Account tab
- Select Log Out to disconnect your PlayStation Network account
- Confirm logging out when prompted
This will log you out of your PlayStation profile and Rocket League account on that device until you log back in again.
Logging Out on Xbox One or Series X/S
- Go to Settings from the main menu or pause screen
- Choose Account > Sign Out
- Pick the gamertag profile you want to sign out
- Confirm disconnection when prompted
You will now be logged out of that Xbox Live account and associated Rocket League profile on the console.
Logging Out on Nintendo Switch
To log out of your Rocket League account on a Nintendo Switch:
- From the main menu, go to Settings
- Navigate to the Account tab
- Select Log Out of Connected Account
- Confirm log out on the popup message
Logging Out on Steam
To log out of Rocket League on PC when playing through Steam:
- Open Rocket League and go to Settings > Log Out
- Exit Rocket League completely to confirm the logout
- Close the Steam client fully to complete the process
This will disconnect your Steam account and Rocket League profile until you sign in again next time.
Logging Out on Mobile
To log out of Rocket League Sideswipe on an iOS or Android device:
- Open the Sideswipe app and go to Settings
- Tap the Log Out button
- Confirm on the popup that you want to log out
You’ll then be logged out of the Rocket League mobile app on that device.
Why Properly Logging Out is Important
Correctly logging out of your Rocket League account ensures:
- No one else can access your items, rankings, or other account progress
- Prevents misuse of any linked payment methods by unauthorized users
- Resets competitive rankings when switching player profiles on a shared device
- Increased privacy and control over your personal data
So always make sure to fully log out at the end of each Rocket League session, especially on public computers or gaming consoles. Don’t just close the game itself.
Enabling Multi-Factor Authentication
For extra account security, turn on multi-factor authentication (MFA) in your Rocket League settings. This requires providing an additional verification code from your mobile device when logging in.
Risks of Remaining Logged In
Some potential risks of staying logged into Rocket League include:
- Inventory items being traded away or purchases made by other users
- Progression loss if stats are manipulated or resets are triggered
- Harassment of other players through your account
- Permanent account bans due to misconduct while logged in
Avoid these by properly logging out each time you finish playing Rocket League on any device.
Logging out of your Rocket League account only takes seconds but is vital for account security, especially on shared gaming devices. Ensure you fully disconnect your profile across all platforms and enable extra protections like MFA. By following the simple steps outlined here, you can keep your Rocket League inventory and ranks safe from unauthorized access.Sharing Is Caring: