One of the most widely used wallets for cryptocurrencies is called Trust Wallet, and it enables users to store, send, and otherwise interact with crypto assets.
For security, it is important to know how to log out of Trust Wallet properly if you use it on a public or shared device.
In this detailed guide, we will show you how to completely turn off your Trust Wallet app on both mobile and desktop devices.
We will also talk about other ways to keep your account safe. By the end, you will know how to log out of your Trust Wallet in a safe way.
Understanding Trust Wallet Login
When you first set up Trust Wallet, you create a password to protect and encrypt your wallet.
You will need to enter this password every time you open the Trust Wallet app to get to your crypto funds.
The most important way to protect the assets you store in your wallet and the history of transactions is to use a password.
If you do not lock your Trust Wallet, anyone who gets access to it could steal your cryptocurrency or use it in a bad way.
Now, let us look at the right way to log out so that other people can not get in.
How to Log Out of Trust Wallet on Mobile
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom right.
- Toggle the switch off for Auto-Lock Trust Wallet.
- Confirm exiting the app – this will lock your wallet.
- Fully close and reopen the mobile app to complete the log out process.
Your Trust Wallet will now be disconnected from the mobile device. You’ll need to enter your password again upon relaunching.
How to Log Out of Trust Wallet on Desktop
If accessing Trust Wallet via desktop browser extension:
- Click the extension icon next to the address bar.
- Click the three dots next to your wallet name.
- Choose Log Out to fully disconnect the wallet.
This will sign you out of Trust Wallet on that desktop browser. Just re-enter your password when accessing again in future.
Additional Trust Wallet Security Tips
Besides logging out properly, here are other ways to enhance Trust Wallet security:
– Use a strong randomized password that would be difficult to guess.
– Enable biometric authentication like fingerprint unlock as an added layer.
– Frequently reset your Trust Wallet password for greater safety.
– Carefully verify any apps or sites before connecting your wallet.
– Use a hardware wallet for large holdings not actively trading.
Risks of Remaining Logged Into Trust Wallet
There are notable risks associated with leaving Trust Wallet perpetually logged in:
– Wallet access if your unlocked phone is lost, stolen, or left unattended.
– Ability for others to transfer out or steal your cryptocurrency holdings.
– Viewing of your wallet balance, transaction history, and crypto activity.
– Changing of your wallet password to lock out your access completely.
Logging out of Trust Wallet properly does not take long, but it is very important to keep other people from getting in.
When you are done using Trust Wallet on a shared or public device, make sure to turn off auto-lock and close the app completely.
If you log out every time, your cryptocurrency assets and personal information will be a lot safer.Sharing Is Caring: