Branch is a popular mobile finance app that offers free bank accounts, debit cards, and loans. When you’re done using Branch, logging out fully is crucial for account security.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll outline the steps to properly log out of your Branch account on both iPhone and Android. We’ll also discuss why logging out is vital, provide account security tips, and answer common questions.
Whether you use Branch for banking, loans, or just financial management, learning how to log out takes just seconds. Let’s dive in!
Introduction to Branch
For those new to Branch, it is a mobile finance app launched in 2015 providing free bank accounts, debit cards, and loans funded by Cortical Ventures.
Branch aims to provide fair, transparent financial services to millions of Americans who struggle with traditional banks and lending.
Key features of Branch include:
- FDIC-insured mobile checking accounts
- Free Visa debit cards to spend account balances
- Access lines of credit up to $1,000
- Build savings via the Branch debit card
- Transfer money to other users easily
- ATM access for cash withdrawals
- Pay bills directly from your account
Branch operates nationally in the U.S. and has several million users. While convenient, properly logging out is key for account security.
Why Log Out of Branch?
Like most financial apps containing sensitive personal information, it’s vital to log out fully from Branch whenever you are done using it. Here are two top reasons why:
1. Protect Your Money
Remaining logged into Branch provides access to your Branch account balance, transactions, and debit card. If someone else accesses your phone, they could:
- View your account balance and statements
- Transfer all your funds to another account
- Use your debit card information for purchases
- Access personally identifying information
Logging out properly safeguards your money, data, and privacy from potential digital theft.
2. Prevent Unwanted Access
If accessing Branch on a shared or public device, failing to log out gives the next user access to your financial information and account funds. They could steal or misuse your money without consent.
Always logging out prevents unauthorized access to your Branch account, no matter what device you use it on. Make it a steadfast habit.
Now let’s look at how to log out correctly on both iPhone and Android.
How to Log Out on iPhone
Logging out of Branch on an iPhone takes just seconds:
- Launch the Branch app and enter your login information if required.
- Tap your profile icon in the top left corner.
- Select ‘Log Out’ at the very bottom of the menu.
- Confirm logging out on the pop-up message.
- You will be logged out and returned to the Branch login page.
Be sure to fully close the Branch app after logging out for extra security. Also double check that your profile icon changes to confirm you are logged out.
Some extra tips for iPhone users:
- Use Touch ID or Face ID if enabled to prevent reaccess without biometric login.
- Avoid saving your Branch username/password in your iPhone’s AutoFill passwords.
- Enable passcode and other security features on your iPhone.
With those quick steps, you can securely log out of the Branch app on your iPhone or iPad in just seconds when finished.
How to Log Out on Android
On an Android phone or tablet, logging out of Branch follows a very similar process:
- Open the Branch app and enter your credentials if not already logged in.
- Tap your profile picture in the top left corner.
- Select ‘Log Out’ at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap ‘Log Out’ again in the confirmation message.
- You will now be logged out and sent back to the login page.
Be sure to fully close the app after logging out. Also check that your profile picture changes to the default avatar to confirm you are logged out.
Some extra tips for Android users:
- Set an Android lock pattern or fingerprint to prevent reaccess without biometric login.
- In Branch settings, disable Auto Sign-In for extra protection.
- Avoid saving your Branch username/password in your device’s autofill.
With those few quick taps, you can securely log out from the Branch app on your Android device when you are finished using it.
Logging Out of Connected Accounts
If you connected your Branch account to an external bank account, you need to take one additional step when logging out:
- After tapping ‘Log Out’, you will return to the login page.
- Tap the profile icon again and once more select ‘Log Out’.
This ensures you fully log out of both your Branch account and any connected external accounts for complete security.
You can also visit the Branch website, branchapp.com, and select ‘Log Out’ at the top right to sign out of connected accounts.
Logging out fully prevents continued access to your money and financial information in linked accounts. Don’t skip this key extra step!
Enabling Branch Account Security
Along with diligently logging out, take advantage of added Branch account security features:
- Set a strong and unique password – avoid reusing passwords across accounts.
- Enable biometric login like fingerprint or Face ID where available.
- Add and confirm your phone number and email for account verification.
- Carefully protect your debit card information – do not share PIN.
- Review transactions regularly to identify any unauthorized activity promptly.
- Update your password periodically or anytime it may have been compromised.
- Never provide your Branch login credentials to others.
Combining robust account security settings with proper logging out habits offers the strongest protection for your Branch account and money.
General Mobile Banking Tips
Here are some other general tips for using Branch and other financial apps safely:
- Only download apps from official app stores to avoid scams.
- Avoid accessing financial apps on public WiFi networks that could be insecure.
- Use unique passwords/PINs for financial apps that are difficult to guess.
- Update banking and payment apps regularly to maintain optimal security.
- Monitor account balances and transactions routinely for inaccuracies.
- Contact customer service immediately regarding suspicious account activity.
- Delete financial app accounts before recycling old mobile devices.
Making app security best practices second nature is key for safe mobile banking and protecting your money.
Branch provides convenient mobile banking, lending, and financial services to millions nationwide. However, convenience should never mean compromised data security.
This is why properly logging out of Branch after every session is highly recommended. With just a few quick taps, you can log out fully on any iPhone, Android, tablet or mobile device.
Consistently logging out prevents unauthorized access to your Branch account balance, transactions, debit card, and other sensitive financial information. Combined with vigilant account security habits, it adds vital protection.
So be sure to make properly logging out of the Branch app a steadfast habit each time you finish using it. Your account funds and information are too valuable to put at risk from digital threats. A few seconds of effort provides essential peace of mind.
Log out properly, enable account security features, and you can keep enjoying Branch’s convenient mobile banking and financial services knowing your money and data stays protected.
FAQs About Logging Out of Branch
Q: Does closing the app automatically log me out of Branch?
A: No, you need to fully select ‘Log Out’ in the Branch app to properly log yourself out each time. Just closing the app does not log you out.
Q: If I stay logged into Branch on my phone, can others access my account?
A: No, logging out is device-specific. You can log out on one shared device while remaining logged into your personal phone.
Q: How often should I change my Branch password?
A: It’s good practice to change your Branch password every 2-3 months, or anytime you think it may have been compromised. Avoid reusing passwords.
Q: Is my debit card information deleted when I log out of Branch?
A: Your actual debit card number is not saved in the app. But logging out provides an important additional layer of security for your financial data.
Q: Does Force Logout permanently delete my Branch account?
A: No, Force Logout simply logs you out of all active sessions on all devices. Your account information remains intact.
In summary, consistently logging out of Branch protects your account funds and data from digital threats. Make logging out properly on all devices a steadfast mobile banking habit.Sharing Is Caring: