Do you need to log out of your Union Bank online or mobile banking account? Logging out is important for security when you are finished accessing your account.
This guide will walk through the quick and easy steps to log out of Union Bank’s online and mobile banking platforms.
Why You Should Log Out of Your Union Bank Account
There are a few key reasons why you should make sure to properly log out after accessing your Union Bank account online:
- Security: Logging out prevents unauthorized access if you walk away from your computer or someone gets ahold of your device when you’re still logged in.
- Privacy: Logging out stops others from seeing your financial information and account details if they start using the same browser or device.
- Good habit: Getting into the routine of logging out helps you remember and prevents your account from staying open accidentally.
By taking a few seconds to log out each time, you keep your Union Bank account protected.
How to Log Out on the Union Bank Website
Logging out of the Union Bank website only takes a few clicks:
- Click your name or profile icon on the top right of the screen.
- Select “Log Off” from the dropdown menu.
- Close the browser window entirely after logging off.
You will be immediately logged out and redirected to the Union Bank login page.
If you don’t see a visible log out option:
- Look for a button that says “Back to Home” or has a home icon.
- Clicking this will return you to the Union Bank login page and log you out.
- Close the browser window.
Once at the login page, your online banking session is securely logged out.
Logging Out on the Union Bank Mobile App
The Union Bank mobile app also makes it easy to log out:
- Tap the three lines “hamburger” menu icon in the top left.
- Tap “Log Off”.
- Confirm you want to log out.
- Close the app entirely.
This will log you out of mobile banking on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone, or other mobile device.
Alternatively, you can log out by:
- Tapping your profile icon if available.
- Selecting “Log Off” from the menu.
- Closing the app fully afterward.
Logging out on mobile is just as important as on desktop!
Logging Out on Other Devices
If you access your Union Bank account from multiple devices like work, home and mobile, make sure to log out properly on each one:
- Public Computers: Never access accounts on public computers. But if you do, log out of all accounts, clear history/cookies, and close the browser.
- Shared Devices: Log out of mobile banking apps and website sessions on any shared tablets, laptops, or other devices. Also log out of browsers.
- New Device: When getting rid of or replacing a phone, computer, or tablet, be sure to sign out from all Union Bank apps and sites before wiping it.
Logging out ensures your login credentials aren’t stored anywhere as you switch between devices. Make it a habit anytime you finish an online banking session.
Changing Your Union Bank Account Password
In addition to logging out properly, frequently changing your online banking password is another good security practice:
- Change it every 60-90 days: Don’t keep the same password for too long. Update it a couple times a year.
- Don’t repeat passwords: If your password is compromised, reused passwords put other accounts at risk too.
- Use a strong password: Combine upper and lower case letters with numbers and symbols to create a complex password that’s hard to guess.
- Use a password manager: A password manager app allows you to use unique, strong passwords without having to remember or manually enter them.
Changing your password forces any existing logins to end and resets access to your account. Doing so periodically limits unauthorized access if your password is accidentally exposed.
Enabling Auto Log Out for Added Security
For even more protection, enable auto log out in your Union Bank online account settings:
- Set shorter timeout: Adjust the auto logout timeout to 5-10 minutes of inactivity. Avoid longer timeouts.
- Log out on tab/window close: Check this option to automatically log out when closing the browser tab or window.
- Use on all devices: Make sure auto logout is enabled on both desktop and mobile.
With auto logout on, an idle session won’t stay open indefinitely if you forget to manually log out. This helps protect accounts with limited public computer use.
But don’t rely solely on auto logout. Manually logging out yourself is still important.
What Happens If You Don’t Log Out?
Failing to properly log out of your Union Bank account can expose your information and account funds:
- Account access: Someone else could gain access to your account from the same unlocked device.
- Financial data visibility: Account balances, transaction history and other details may be visible.
- Personal data access: Names, addresses, SSNs and other sensitive data could be accessible.
- Password changes: Someone with account access could change the password, locking you out.
- Account theft: Criminals could transfer or steal money from an account left open.
- Security questions: Answers could be viewable, letting others more easily reset passwords.
Always logging out keeps your Union Bank account locked down tight when you’re not using it. Enabling auto logout provides an extra layer of account security as well.
FAQs About Logging Out of Union Bank Accounts
Here are some commonly asked questions about logging out of Union Bank online banking:
Does closing the browser log you out automatically?
No, you need to fully log out before closing the browser window. Browser tabs retaining login cookies can keep you logged in in the background.
When should I change my online banking password?
It’s good practice to change your password every 60-90 days, or anytime you feel it may have been compromised. Avoid reusing the same password.
Is using auto logout enough?
While auto logout provides good protection after periods of inactivity, you should still get in the habit of manually logging out to end each session.
Can I log out of the mobile app without closing it?
Yes, you can log out of the Union Bank mobile app through the profile or settings menu without fully closing the app each time.
Does logging out delete my mobile app data?
No, logging out simply ends your banking session. Your banking app will retain your profile information and settings after being logged out.
How do I log out if I don’t see a logout button?
If there is no clearly labeled log out button, look for a “Home” button that will return you to the login page and end your session.
Are my accounts instantly logged out when I log off on one device?
No, you need to manually log out of online banking separately on every PC, phone, tablet and other device you use it on.
What’s the easiest way to remember to log out each time?
Get in the habit of logging out as part of your routine anytime you finish accessing your accounts. Having it be automatic behavior helps.
Logging out of your Union Bank account only takes seconds but provides important protection between online banking sessions. Following the proper log out steps on all devices prevents unauthorized access and keeps your financial data secure.Sharing Is Caring: