Having a UPI PIN is essential for securely making digital payments via UPI apps like Google Pay, PhonePe, Paytm and more. But sometimes users run into issues where they can’t change their existing UPI PIN when needed.
Not being able to modify your UPI PIN can be problematic if you’ve forgotten it or want to enhance security with a new number. In this article, we’ll look at why you may be unable to change your UPI PIN along with steps to troubleshoot it.
Why You Might Not Be Able to Change Your UPI PIN
There are a few potential reasons why you may find the option to change your UPI PIN is missing or greyed out:
- Your bank doesn’t allow changes – Some banks restrict PIN changes for security reasons.
- You’ve reached the daily attempt limit – Banks limit tries to prevent brute force attacks.
- Your bank account is locked – Account issues may disable features like changing your PIN.
- You input the wrong MPIN – Entering an incorrect MPIN can temporarily block changes.
- Technical issues or app glitches – Buggy apps can cause options like PIN changes to disappear.
- KYC verification needed – Full KYC may be required before the bank permits a UPI PIN change.
How to Normally Change Your UPI PIN
When allowed by your bank, here are the standard steps to change your UPI PIN:
- Open your UPI app and go to settings.
- Choose ‘Change UPI PIN’ or similar option.
- Enter your current UPI PIN.
- Input and reenter your new desired UPI PIN.
- Your new PIN will be verified and updated.
The process is quick and straightforward when the change UPI PIN option is working properly in your app.
Troubleshooting Tips to Change Your UPI PIN
If you can’t modify your UPI PIN due to issues like bank restrictions, daily limits, or tech glitches, try these troubleshooting steps:
- Contact your bank to ask if they allow UPI PIN changes at all.
- Wait 24 hours if you reached the daily attempt limit before trying again.
- Ensure your bank account and app are in good standing, not locked.
- Double check you’re inputting the correct MPIN before the change.
- Update your UPI apps in case of software bugs blocking changes.
- Complete full KYC verification if requested by your bank to enable PIN changes.
- Try initiating the PIN change from your bank website if app issues persist.
Following this guide should help you successfully change your UPI PIN in most situations. Contact your bank for personalized support if problems continue.
FAQs About Changing UPI PIN
How many times can you change your UPI PIN?
Most banks allow unlimited UPI PIN changes, but may implement daily/monthly limits to prevent misuse.
Does changing UPI PIN change MPIN?
No, your UPI PIN and MPIN are separate. Change one doesn’t impact the other.
Can someone else change your UPI PIN?
No, only you can change your UPI PIN by initiating the process through your bank app.
What happens if you enter wrong UPI PIN 3 times?
Entering the wrong PIN 3 consecutive times will temporarily block access to your account for security.
How long does it take to change UPI PIN?
The process is usually immediate, with the new PIN taking effect right after successful verification.
Being unable to modify your UPI PIN can certainly be an inconvenience if you’ve forgotten the number or want enhanced security. Check bank policies, troubleshoot technical issues, and use the proper app workflows to ensure successful UPI PIN changes when needed.
Let me know if you have any other questions!Sharing Is Caring: